GD organizes an introduction into pig production, focusing on health and disease, climate and feed.
Yes, I'm interested in this training.
2021 exact date TBA.
- Pig production
What are important elements of pig production and how do they relate to each other?
- What are disease agents?
Characteristics of viruses, bacteria, parasites and other agents are discussed.
Which diagnostic options are commonly used in pig production? How can they be used?
- Biosecurity for pig farming
Important aspects of biosecurity on pig farms and practical implications.
- Post mortem examination and sampling
Demonstration of a post mortem examination and sampling methods.
- Respiratory system and important diseases
- Intestinal system and important diseases
- Locomotion system and important diseases and problems
- Reproduction and important diseases and factors
Interactive session focused on a disease problem, consisting of analysis, interpretation and diagnosis and designing an action plan.
- Laboratory tour
A tour of the laboratory facility in Deventer.
- A practical and theoretical session on climate and feed on pig farms
Professionals with 1 to 5 years of experience in the sector.
€2.995, including hotel stay, breakfast, lunch, coffee/tea, transfer between GD and the hotel (excluding VAT).
If you refer a colleague, friend, etc., you receive a 25% discount. Note: this person also needs to fill in the application form.
GD, Arnsbergstraat 7, 7400 AA Deventer, the Netherlands