'“Innovation you don’t do alone.'' Nico Overeem
Dr. ir. Nico J. Overeem obtained his PhD in 2021 at the University of Twente with a thesis entitled: “Multivalent and dynamic interactions of the influenza virus at lipid membrane interfaces”. Since November 2020 he works part-time at GD (0.4) and MESA+ institute of nanotechnology (0.6) in a joint project to develop biosensors for veterinary diseases.
He graduated in 2016 in Chemical Engineering at the University of Twente with a thesis entitled: “Encapsulation of enzyme cascades in a viral capsid”. His MSc included a four-month internship on “Encapsulation of 5-fluorouracil in biodegradable polymersomes” at the Technion Israel institute of technology in Haifa, Israel.
Field of expertise:
- Surface chemistry
7. Overeem, N.J., Hamming, P. H., Tieke, M., Van der Vries, E., Huskens, J., Multivalent Affinity Profiling: Direct Visualization of the Superselective Binding of Influenza Viruses – in press
6. Overeem, N.J., Van der Vries, E., Huskens, J., A Dynamic, Supramolecular View on the Multivalent Interaction Between Influenza Virus and Host Cell, Small, 2021
5. Overeem, N. J., Hamming, P. H., Grant, O. C., Di Iorio, D., Tieke, M., Bertolino, M. C., Li, Z., Vos, G., De Vries, R. P., Woods, R. J., Tito, N. B., Boons, G. J. P. H., Van der Vries, E., Huskens, J., Hierarchical Multivalent Effects Control Influenza Host Specificity, ACS Central Science, 2020, 6,
4. Overeem, N.J., Hamming, P.H., Huskens, J., Time-dependent Binding of Molecules and Nanoparticles at Receptor-Modified Supported Lipid Bilayer Gradients in a Microfluidic Device, ChemistrySelect, 2020, 5, 9799–9805
3. Hamming, P.H., Overeem, N.J., Huskens, J. Influenza as a molecular walker, Chemical Science, 2020, 11, 27–36
2. Lu, Y., De Vries, W.C., Overeem, N.J., Duan, X., Zhang, H., Zhang, H., Pang, W. Ravoo, B.J., Huskens, J., Controlled and Tunable Loading and Release of Vesicles by Using Gigahertz Acoustics, Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, 2019, 58, 159–163
1. De Ruiter, M.V., Overeem, N.J., Singhai, G., Cornelissen, J.J.L.M., Induced Förster Resonance Energy Transfer by Encapsulation of DNA-Scaffold Based Probes inside a Plant Virus Based Protein Cage, Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, 2018, 30, 184002