GD Animal Health continues to act as a partner in many international projects related to animal health and lab capacity building projects. We provide experts over the short term for privately funded projects abroad as well as for public projects funded by the EU and the Dutch government. We have been active in eastern and central Europe, Indonesia, India, Ethiopia, Finland, Ireland and Egypt. Individual experts have worked for longer periods in Libya, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Brazil, Cambodia and many other countries, such as Suriname. Successful projects involved risk-analysis studies, epidemiological studies, legal aspects of food safety related to animal products, capacity building of laboratories, training of vets and laboratory staff, assistance with ISO 17025 accreditation, etc. For many years GD Animal Health has been a partner in company-specific issues, as well as large-scale multi-disciplinary veterinary surveillance projects.
Veterinary lab project (modules)
GD Animal Health has been focusing on assisting in the establishment of a veterinary diagnostic laboratory for example, including the implementation of diagnostic methods and Quality Systems. The transfer of knowledge and support can include the following items, depending on the requirements of the customer:
- Partnering in the design of the laboratory according to the specifications of the client
- Assisting in local and international project management for setting up qualified veterinary labs
- Facilitating lab safety requirements (safety levels, health aspects)
- Assisting in required equipment and lab consumables
- Implementing test methods for serology (ELISAs, etc.), immunology, bacteriology, molecular-biology (PCR, etc.), virology, pathology, (immuno)histology, toxicology and clinical chemistry
- Training in Quality Systems (ISO17025) and quality management related to personnel and test procedures (SOPs, test method validation, etc.)
- Training in maintaining the ISO17025 Quality System (first-line controls, PTS, use of internal controls, reference samples, batch control of diagnostics/reagents/kits, etc.)
- Providing technical support on interpreting lab results
- Introducing software, LIMS, reports of test results, data analysis and data management
- Assisting with commercial aspects (cost prices, price lists, salaries, etc.)
- Assisting with veterinary back-office, training of technicians, training of lab staff and veterinarians (theoretical and practical courses at GD Animal Health and on location)
- Assisting with the set-up of websites and providing information via the web
- Supporting science-practical articles for vets in the field, promotion of test methods, etc.
- Providing post-training services using GD Veekijker (technical support of technicians and vets by telephone or mail)
Read about previous projects in Suriname and Russia
Please contact us for more information or to discuss the possibilities.