Trouble reading the text? Almost all popular browsers allow you to control how big websites are displayed.
Cattle in both Italy and Spain have been shown to have the EHDV-8 serotype. An investigation by the Italian authorities shows the virus, found in the outbreaks on Sardinia and Sicily in October and November 2022, to have come from North Africa. The genome is identical (> 99.9 percent nucleotide sequence identity) to EHDV-8 strains detected in Tunisia in 2021. This confirms the suspicion that EHD has been transmitted by vectors via the air, from northern Africa to the southern European regions. No new infections have been reported in Spain in the first quarter of 2023. In Italy, ten new outbreaks were detected among cattle.
In this report you can also find more information on:
• IBR outbreak halted in the Northern Netherlands
• Introduction of infectious diseases through incoming animals
• Tick-borne encephalitis (TBE) Salmonella type C
• Trends and development of Mannheimia haemolytica according to pathological data
• Animal health of cattle in the Netherlands in the first quarter of 2023
Highlights report ruminants June 2023
We zien dat u gebruik maakt van een verouderde browser. Niet alle onderdelen van de website zullen daardoor goed functioneren. Download nu de laatste versie van uw browser om veilig te kunnen surfen.